Monday, December 01, 2003

what to tell you... Tuesday the 25th was a day pushed up by 6 weeks.  I ordered up a new T-1 line 2 weeks before and was told that I may have it by the new year.  then someone, somewhere wasn't ready and I got bumped to the head of the line. So much to get done.  The Cisco router needed a new IOS  and additional memory in order to handle the bonding of the new line to the our very first line, so that I could double the bandwidth for our FTP services.  Do the router updates myself, no way, this was a not a job for me to learn on.  A call into the "A" team and a CCIE arrived hours before the line turn up for the IOS and memory.  Good thing too as because of the bump up, the paperwork was incorrect and the CCIE had to work out with the Data line tech a new scheme live on the phone... by the end of the day we were smoking the line.  Plugs out testing was done and we maxed the line at 98% out-bound and 48% inbound. 

All was well...

 

Thursday was cookie making day.  With cool snap here in Florida the windows got opened and the A/C shut off.  The tradition around my house is to make cookies on Thanksgivings Day.  and my wife went in to overtime on it.  by the end of the day there must have been 48 dozens cookies left on the counter...

 

Friday was a planned cleaning day and packing stuff for storage.  long day.....

Saturday...

I woke up to the email server at work not being available... a quick check showed the web server to be dark also.  so quick tests proved that the bonded T-1 lines where down.  In on the single T-1 and a bounce to the bonded showed them up as long as I was inside the provider's network.  Call tech support... it's 9:00 AM...  they will run tests and get back to me...  so I try to finish up the packing left over from Friday.  11:00 AM comes and I get the phone call... need you to reboot your router.  head into the office and reboot, send config file, send setup paperwork...  about 7:00 PM I get a Tier 2 tech.  the trouble... paperwork was wrong during install, modified by admin, but the mods never made it to Tier 2 so when an update was run Saturday morning it reset all the ISP configs back to the original paperwork.  We are back up and running

Sunday...

allergies kicked in and I became a couch potato...

Monday...

back to the office, its payday

 

l8rs, all

 

 

No comments: