Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fall is in the Air

“I can feel it coming in the air tonight”…  The heat of summer has gone and the wonderfulness of Fall is here.  We had our first night in the upper 30’s Friday morning and the days are only getting into the upper 70’s.  Hard to think that back in Florida the temps are still in the 80’s and 90’s.  I looked out the bathroom window this morning at the maple sapling along the fence and saw the first red leaves of the season.  With in the next 4 weeks the trees will show their bright yellow and reds of their autumn fashion. As the day time temps drop into the 50’s and 60’s until the first snow falls, maybe early this year!  The first snow last year was late December.  Maybe, just maybe we could have some around Thanksgiving or at least the week after so that I will be back from Florida.  My first visit back to my home town since moving away…    

So today… the yard needs winter prep, the closet needs thinning out, and the grill needs to be run before the snow comes.  The windows are all thrown open and the screen doors are still in place, but the storm windows will replace the screening in just over 2 months. Time to enjoy fall while its here.  Maybe a trip up to Warwick winery in the mountains for Doc’s Hard Apple Cider and live music, and cheese and fresh out of the oven bread from Bobolink Dairy.  Or maybe a trip up to New Hampshire or Vermont for maple syrup season.  Or maybe farther north to see the moose in Maine.  

I am looking forward to my visit to Florida, to see Mom, and friends.  A trip to my favorite zoo, Lowry Park Zoo with a life long friend.  Sounds like it’s grown a bit since we moved away.  Then there is the trip to Walt Disney World.  I can’t wait to once again walk through DAK (Disney’s Animal Kingdom) and see all the animals again.  We seemed to live there when we were in FL.  A trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge  and a meal at Boma is in order also.  With just 2 days there, we will be doing a whirlwind tour of all the new attractions at all the parks.  I know that Sim has a list of things she wants to see.  I will be taking as many pictures as I fit on my memory cards.  

I may go sans computer as I will not have an internet connection any where along the way and will rely on my Nextel i930 for email and web surfing.  This will be a real test of its strength.  I should be able to post to the blog via email and pictures via MMS.  We’ll see how it goes.  

Well time to get some work done…

L8rs,

The Moleman

No comments: