Thursday, July 24, 2008

Waiting, Watching and trying to make sense of it all

Events are moving rapidly all around me and I only have a sense of it happening as I think I have hit mental overload. 

My Uncle is waiting on the results of some tests and having a few more done today. the prognosis is very bad. Massive weight loss and aching in his stomach has lead to the discovery of masses in his lungs and hip. He has just retired and should be getting ready to live a life of ease. Instead he is heading into a fight for his life. Waiting for test results to see if there is to be a battle or not. He should know more by the weekend...

My Mom-In-Law is also doing battle with her health. She is currently in the hospital fighting a battle with a bad liver that the doctors say needs a replacement. This is causing all sorts of major and minor issues with her life. She has been dealing with poor health for years and not it is forming as a solid front against her. My wife and I moved her Mom and Dad in with us so that we can give them as much support as possible.

My wife is waiting on the final results of medical tests that started in October that have now been repeated several times

Sometimes all we can do is be supportive to each other.  Whether its a phone call, letter, email, or Txt message.  Sometimes its knowing when to just be quiet and wait.

Like being on a merry-go-round all these things are spinning by, and I am waiting to see what develops with them.

Waiting, Watching...

No comments: