Wednesday, October 01, 2003

It's Wednesday and guess what?
A bird or squirrel gave up its life to screw mw over again. the new phone system is dead. Something fried itself on the power pole outside and caused a short. this lead to a induced static stike on the building to building line link. The biggest problem turned out to be a break in the building grounding cable. this means that all the surge protectors had no where to bleed off the over voltage. this means that the power spike entered the office via the phone lines and killed the PBX again. Thankfully our phone tech happened to think to check this while the power comapny was doing repairs. So all is well there. However a phone call from my booss during this time, in which I was berated has made me think seriously about leaving the company very soon. I mean I was ready this morning to leave. And if it wasn't for the need of a paycheck they would have been looking for a new network admin. I have 20 years in at the company and I get treated like the newbie whenever there is a crisis, yet some how I end up being the responsible one. How I get this over the boss's son or son-in-law is a mystery to me. maybe you can't blame family...

But enough of that for now. T-Minus 6 days and counting till vacation. its looking good too. the high was 68 there today witha low of 38. I am ready for that....

No comments: