Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's dark out, I smell Coffee, it must be another work day... it's only Thursday

These 4:30 AM wake ups are starting to drag on me. I'm trying to balance my meetings and family life in the evenings with my need for sleep, but I'm starting to fail at it. I'm half way through my first thermo mug of coffee and ready to finalize the training of my scanning apprentice by tomorrow. in the meantime I'm starting to dream of the weekend. I have a few verses of a song in a loop in my head,

"I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow
Could you beam me somewhere Mr. Scott?
Any ol' place here on earth or in space
You pick the century and I'll pick the spot"

"Boat drinks
Waitress I need two more boat drinks..."

- lyrics from Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffett -

Just need to slow down for a few moments and see the world around me. Enjoy some time with my wife and her wonderful eyes and smile that warms me more then the sun. Maybe grab a movie, lay in the sun, go to the beach, something...

maybe some even some Boat Drinks...  Oh, Waitress..

No comments: