Thursday, September 25, 2003

now for some good news....

Today I the construction of my newest rackmount RAID design. 2 TeraBytes of RAID 5 in a 2U case. for those of you not familiar with TeraBytes... thats 1000 Gigs per Tera. The ystem itself is being built with 2 Xeon 2.66 GHz processors, 533 FSB and a 1 GB of DDR RAM. It will be the newest of 7 RAIDs in my rack at work. As of last Friday I have 140 million public records documents for the State of Florida housed on them. If there are not more major problems, like yesteday, got greet upon arrvial at work to a smoke filled building. An AC unit have shorted and the fan motor had smoked and died, I should hav ehte system up, Windows 2003 Server installed an the RAID formatting. the end result will be 2 TB in RAID 5 with a hot spare. SWEET!!!

No comments: