Monday, November 17, 2003

its more of the usual with Handango.com  I have an Axim X5.  For the money the best Pocket PC device I have every touched.  Both Compact Flash and Secure Digital in one device.  I have installed the new Mobile 2003 OS and runs great.  With all the freeware out there I haven't purchased that much software for it, but there have been three Apps that I consider must haves.  Flexwallet is a must for encrypting password and IDs, and two from Omegaone.com, Battery Pack and Journal Bar.  The trouble is that the company sells via Handango.  the updates are free, which is a very nice thank you for purchasing form the author, but then the trouble starts.  Handango lets you redownload twice before you get hit with prompted for more information.  The one I am getting is the credit card used to purchase.  And here in lays the trouble.  When I get a "new" card the old one gets cut up.  Handango's emailed invoice contains no CC information, not even the last 4 digits.  So you are left trying to figure out what card you used over a year ago to purchase with.  and if you still have the number around.  I not your only course of action left is to contact their customer support... The website states 1-2 business days,  last time it was more like 1-2 weeks before I heard back.  I had located the CC# before then and got the update.  Their "help" was to send the update file, so that on the next update I had to go though the same process again.  I can not be the only customer having this trouble.  I just requested an update that I do not have a # for, lets see how long it takes this time...

No comments: