Sunday, November 23, 2003

Well, Sunday has arrived.  I am ready to go.  Wife is in the shower and getting ready for her first time as an Educator for the AEFM.  We'll be leaving home in just a few minutes so that I can arrive at the airport in time for check-in and a quick browse of the magazine stands.  What am I looking for... Wired magazine, of course!  Trying to keep the mind from running to far ahead of me.  I feel like I am leaving the Matrix for the first time.  I have been accepting my place in the world for some time, but now I am breaking the mold.  There are two expressions around the office.  1. "everyone is replaceable"  This is a favorite of the owner/my boss, 2. "Richard will never leave, he is here for life".  If all goes well today , I will show them that both are not true in any way.  I also have to get pass the feeling that I am dumping on the friends that I have made at work.  This includes the Owner's son and Son-in-law.  Both have trouble doing their jobs, One is trying hard to fill the new role he is in, the other doesn't actually seem to care.  Its getting very sad.  The moral has dropped to an all time low.  It is time to get out while I can.  I can't think about the ripples that will be sent though the company as I leave.  There are so many things that I will try to teach them before I go.  So many things that no one wanted to know when I needed help doing them, so many things that cost me so many hours of my time...  O  look forward to working shorted hours.  For while I was "on the clock" about 9-10 hours a day I was working 2-4 hours each night to just keep up.  The fact that most of the other Managers and the Owner himself, never really understood how many things I do that they never had to think about.  I carry I major load in order for the office to stay up and running.  But the better do my job, the less everyone sees me as working hard.  They only see me as working when something breaks and I have to fix it.  Such is life.  But Today things are being shook up, re-sorted and organized into a future...

Back in 16 hours... with a new life?  stay tuned...

"same bat time, same bat channel"...

No comments: