Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Newsgator is the best.  not only does it bring me the news that I want, but the blogging feature is so easy.  I'll be trying to post at least once a day. 

Things have been crazy since getting back from vacation.  at this moment there is at least 1 terabyte of data flying around the office network onto 6 drives attached to 3 computer systems that comprise my desktop computers.  all this data must be on the drives and ready to ship by Friday 15:00.  this is all for 2 customers that are major accounts, and I am the last contact for the data before it leaves the office.  And it was made possible by a simple technology that I brought into the office.  What was tech was that?  It started with a thumb drive that could hold 3 albums in MP3...  often after getting to the office the choice of music on the drive wasn't what I needed.... so what is better... an USB/Firewire enclosure and a 300 GB drive.  Now I can carry my entire MP3 collection and all my files, so that I have nothing left behind.  The best part...  the enclosure was $30 and the drive $80.  I will never get this great a deal again. 

time to head off and read all the RSS feeds, but in reality I may just drop everything and go directly to http://www.wilwheaton.net and enjoy.  Check out the photo albums.  He may have been Wesley Crusher on TV, but he is really just another geek, like us.

l8rs...

No comments: